It’s not a Greggs bacon roll, it’s better! (Kind of). Gluten free breakfast on the go can be a bit of a nightmare, but these gluten free breakfast bars are delicious and really quick to make. One batch will last you a couple of weeks too.
1 x 400ml can light condensed milk
250g gluten free oats
75g dried coconut
125g seeds (e.g. pumpkin, sunflower)
125g nuts (e.g. almonds, pecans, walnuts)
100g dried fruit (e.g. raisins, cranberry)
- Preheat the oven to 140ºC/275ºF/Gas mark 1 and line a large rectangular baking tray greaseproof paper.
- Roughly chop your nuts or give them 10 seconds or so in the food processor. Add in the seeds for the last couple of seconds.
- Add the oats, coconut, nuts, seeds and fruit into a bowl.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and place over a low heat. Heat for a couple of minutes until it loosens up in consistency, no need to bring it to the boil.
- Pour the milk into the bowl with all the other ingredients and stir well until the milk has covered everything.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 – 75 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- Lift onto a chopping board and allow to cool before slicing.
- You can make 24 small squares (6×4) or 12 larger rectangles (6×2).