This makes 4 large thin, savoury and gluten free pancakes. I’ve tried lots of recipes and would say the BBC GoodFood recipe for gluten free pancakes is the best. It is really simple! Double the amounts if you are making for more than 2 people.
125g gluten free plain flour
butter, for frying
- Add the flour, egg and quarter of the milk to a bowl and whisk until it is smooth.
- Add the rest of the milk slowly and keep whisking.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to rest for 20 mins. This will thicken up the mixture.
- Put a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. Use a ladle to cover the pan with mixture.
- After a few minutes, or once the pancake is golden brown on bottom side, flip to other side for another few minutes.
- Tip – give your pan a wipe with kitchen roll between each pancake or you’ll end up with burnt butter and slightly charred pancakes.
- I served mine with banana, maple syrup and chopped nuts.